A traditional recipe best served with raw vegetables or your favorite chips.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.stonyfield.com
- Yields: 16 Servings
- 2 x 32 oz containers Stonyfield Farm organic low-fat plain yogurt (to yield 2 cups yogurt cheese)
- ½ of a fresh small sweet onion or vidalia, grated
- ⅛ to ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ to ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Yogurt Cheese Edit
- Using a yogurt cheese maker or layered cheese cloth, strain the whey from 2 quarts of yogurt for 3 – 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- This should yield 2 cups of yogurt cheese.
- Mix yogurt cheese with all ingredients together and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 2 Tbsp serving:
- 25 Calories | 10g from Fat | 1g Total Fat | 0g Sat. Fat | 5mg Cholesterol | 25mg Sodium | 4g Total Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 3g Sugars | 2g Protein
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.