- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup almond, sliced
- 2 tbsp water, ice
- ½ tsp lemon extract or ½ lemon, juice of
- 2 tbsp sugar
- The almonds need not be blanched, just sliced fine.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, then set aside.
- Cream the eggs and sugar thoroughly.
- Add the extract and water and beat hard.
- Add the sliced nuts and flour, beating lightly until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 by 13 inch pan, sprinkle sugar over the top and bake at 350°F until brown.
- Allow the cake to cool in pan before cutting in slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.