This imperial, stone-cold dessert starts with the gelatin and is made with real fruit, sour cream, and whipping cream, as it then keeps a semi-sweet aroma with the vanilla content. Fruit lovers simply know it as a divine treat on any occasion.
- 1 ⅜ cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons water, warm only, if desired
- 1 ¼ cup sugar, brown only
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 ⅜ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ⅜ cups mixed fruits (kiwifruit, pineapple, strawberry, starfruit, blueberry, papaya, mango, and orange)
- Mix together cream, sugar, water (optional), and gelatin in a saucepan and heat gently until the gelatin is thoroughly dissolved.
- Cool until slightly thickened. Fold or mix with the sour cream and flavor with vanilla.
- Whisk until mixture is quite smooth.
- Pour mixture into a serving bowl or 3 cup metal mold.
- If you want to make individual servings, pour into six small ½ cup individual molds.
- Cover and chill until set, at least 4 hours or above.
- Unmold by dipping the container in hot water until edges start to melt.
- Invert the mold onto a serving dish and surround with fruit. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.