- Makes 24 dumplings.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- soy sauce for dipping
- Mix the flour, water and salt into a smooth ball of dough.
- Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into a long cylinder.
- Slice the dough into 24 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into individual disks about ⅛" thick.
- For fried dumplings, place about 1 tablespoon of meat in the center of the disk of dough.
- Fold in half and pinch the edges to seal.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- For steamed dumplings, place about 1 tablespoon of meat in the center of each disk of dough.
- Pinch the edges of the dough together to form tiny pleats, shaping the dumpling into a small purse that resembles a bulb of garlic.
- Place on a steamer rack in a large kettle filled with 1" of water.
- Cover and steam for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- Serve hot with soy sauce for dipping.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.