Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes by Azmina Govindji
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb, 7 oz monkfish fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 limes, quartered
- Preheat the broiler to medium, and line the broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut the fish fillets into chunks and place them in a bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, and juice, thyme, cilantro and seasoning.
- Thread the fish pieces onto 4 skewers.
- Secure the ends with lime wedges.
- Grill, turning occasionally, for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- It is important to make sure that the fish does not overcook.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- 172 Calories | 24g Protein | 6g Fat | 41mg Cholesterol | 30mg Sodium | 6g Carbs | 1g Fiber
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable | 3½ very lean meat | ½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.