Monlar Oo Thoke (Burmese daikon Salad) is quick and easy to prepare. It can be eaten as a starter or as an accompaniment to curries and rice.
- In a bowl, mix rice vinegar, salt and Sugar.
- Whisk until salt and Sugar are dissolved.
- Add radish. Toss and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Soak Onion in cold water for 5 minutes and drain.
- In a frying pan, fry garlic in oil over high heat until golden.
- Remove from heat and drain excess oil using absorbent paper.
- In a wok, dry-fry peanuts and grind finely.
- When ready to serve, drain excess liquid from radish mixture then add all ingredients. Toss well.