Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 4
- 4 Idaho potatoes (about 1¼ lbs)
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- salt to taste if desired
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp butter
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp grated cheese, preferably Swiss
- Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise in half.
- Cut each half crosswise into 4 pieces.
- Put pieces in pan.
- Add onion and water to cover.
- Add salt if desired.
- Bring to boil.
- Let cook about 15 minutes or until potatoes re tender.
- Preheat oven to 450°F or preheat broiler.
- Drain potatoes and pour and scrape the solids into a sieve or ricer.
- Push the vegetables through ricer into pan.
- Add egg yolk and butter to potatoes and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Beat in milk.
- Spoon and scrape potato mixture into a small baking dish.
- Heap it up and smooth it over.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- If potato mixture is hot, it is needed only to run it under the broiler until browned on top.
- If it isn't too hot, put in oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.