Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, stems trimmed
- 5 tablespoons canned low-salt chicken-free or vegetable broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 small jalapeño chile, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 x 1¼-pound eggplant, cut lengthwise into ¾-inch-wide slices and slices cut crosswise into ¾-inch-wide-strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Combine cilantro, 1 tablespoon broth, green onions, garlic, chile and ginger in processor and puree until paste forms.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add half of eggplant.
- Cover skillet and cook until eggplant is tender and beginning to brown, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining eggplant.
- Add cilantro paste and soy sauce to skillet and stir over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- Return eggplant to skillet and add remaining 4 tablespoons broth.
- Stir until sauce thickens and boils and eggplant is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.