This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 red sweet peppers
- 2 pounds green tomatoes
- 2 pounds sweet onions
- 1 small head cabbage
- 3 sweet green peppers
- ¼ cup pickling salt
- 3½ cups sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- Coarsely grind all vegetables in blender or food processor then mix with salt.
- Cover and let stand 12 to 18 hours.
- Drain vegetables and rinse well then combine with remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Pack mixture into hot jars then seal.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.