- Yield is 16 muffins.
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup raisins
- 4 large grated carrots (2 cups)
- 1 apple, shredded
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together the sugars, flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the fruit, carrots, nuts, and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to blend well.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake tins lined with muffin papers.
- Fill to brim of each cup.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
- Toothpick inserted into the middle of muffin will come out clean when muffins are done.
- Cool muffins in pan for 10 minutes then turn out on rack to cool.
- Muffins improve even more after 24 hours.
- Freezes well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.