Personally I would never use this for breakfast! I would also use a substitute for the sugar. Take care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Quick and Easy Low-Carb Cooking by Nancy Hughes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 lb frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp reduced-fat biscuit mix
- 1 cup fat-free artificially sweetened vanilla-flavored yogurt, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine blackberries, sugar, vanilla, and ½ teaspoon lemon rind and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine biscuit mix, ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons yogurt, and remaining lemon rind.
- Mix until just blended.
- Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray, add dough in 6 mounds, and bake 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- To serve, place 1 shortcake in each of 6 shallow soup bowls and top each with equal amounts of berry mixture and the remaining yogurt.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (⅙ of recipe):
- 174 Calories | 2g Fat | 1mg Cholesterol | 302mg Sodium | 37g Carbs | 4g Dietary Fiber | 17g Sugars | 4g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch | 1 fruit | ½ carbohydrate
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.