This dish is a tasty traditional Moroccan meat dish that will leave you wanting more! It is easy to prepare and taste great!
- 1 lb lean boneless Steak
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil.
- 1 1/3 cups chopped Onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, halved
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 6 green olives, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Trim any fat off the Steak and then cut into rough cubes.
- Prepare the vegetables in the way stated above.
- Use a medium-sized pan and heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. When hot, add the Steak and cook until brown. Drain the Steak of any excess oil and wipe the pan down.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same pan and add the Onion and garlic, stirring on a medium heat for one minute.
- Add the Steak to the Onion and garlic in the pan along with the rest of the ingredients. Bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan and allow it to simmer on a low heat for 1-1/2 hours, or until steak is tender.
Remember to remove the bay leaf before serving the dish!
This recipe serves 4-5.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.