A Catfish recipe.
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1¾ cups chicken stock or canned broth
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup uncooked couscous or rice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, carrots, bell pepper, coriander, cayenne pepper, water and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add catfish fillet strips, chickpeas and zucchini and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Prepare couscous or rice according to package directions.
- Mound the prepared couscous or rice on a large serving platter making a well in the center.
- Fill the well with the catfish and vegetables, reserving some of the cooking broth for serving.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds over the top.
- Serve with the remaining cooking broth spooned over individual servings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.