Moroccan eggs are great for vegetarians. The recipe is easy to prepare, nutritious and tasty as well! This is best served with bread.
- 600 g ripe tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and roughly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 level teaspoon cumin seeds, roughly ground
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley or coriander
- sea salt and black pepper
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water and peel off the skins carefully. Cut them into quarters and de-seed them.
- Heat the garlic, spring onion and cumin in a frying pan with hot oil. Stir for a few minutes until they start to brown.
- Add the tomatoes, cayenne, salt, pepper and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes, less if the tomatoes start to fall apart.
- Crack an egg in each quarter of the pan, spreading the whites carefully with a fork so they cover the surface of the tomato mixture.
- Simmer for a further 2 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked how you like them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.