This is a n authentic Moroccan vegetable dish that's perfect for vegans. The blend of spices and vegetables make this an irresistible meal. This recipe serves 6.
- 6 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ pounds red potatoes, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, roughly diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roughly diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, roughly diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pound tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F degrees
- Mix the garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, paprika, cumin, and cayenne in a small bowl. Put the mixture into a blender until it is smooth.
- Add the herbs and blend for another few seconds. Then add the lemon juice, vinegar, and 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Blend again for another few seconds and add salt as needed to taste.
- Mix the potato, bell peppers and celery in a large bowl and add the herb mixture. Stir well to make sure it's even.
- Transfer to a large shallow baking dish, and add the tomatoes to the potato mix.
- Drizzle a little oil over the top of the mixture and cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes before removing the foil and baking for another 25 minutes or so, until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve piping hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.