This is a great meal for vegetarians. It can be served with bread or salad and thus is a healthy choice!
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped Apple
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- Cook the rice well, until it is light and fluffy, and then leave to cool to room temperature.
- Mix the yogurt, oil, Sugar, and curry powder together in a medium bowl, beating well. You can use a whisk if necessary.
- When the mixture is even, add the rice, Apple, green onions, Raisins and chives and stir well, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let the rice marinade for about 30 minutes before serving
This recipe serves 4.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.