- This recipe serves 6.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan curry
- 15 oz garbanzo beans, drained
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 oz spinach
- Put the sweet potato, eggplant, peppers, carrots, onion, and three tablespoons of oil in a large pan and stir together. Put the pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes so the flavor is brought out.
- In another medium saucepan put another 3 tablespoons of olive oil, but this time add the garlic, curry powder and salt, and stir. Put that pan over a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour the garlic and spice mixture into the vegetables and add the garbanzo beans, almonds, zucchini, raisins, and orange juice. Stir well to make sure the mixture is even and then simmer 20 minutes. Be sure to put the lid on the pan though!
- Add the spinach to the mixture for the last five minutes only else it will wilt.
- Give it a stir for good measure and then dish it out with your favorite rice!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.