Morogo with potatoes
- 2-3 lbs spinach or Swiss chard (or similar greens), cleaned and torn into pieces
- 2-3 lbs potatoes, cleaned, peeled, cut into quarters and soaked in cold water
- water or vegetable broth
- Place the greens in the bottom of a large pot.
- Put the potatoes over the greens.
- Add 1-2 cups of broth sufficient to fill the pot to a depth of one inch.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Let cook for 30–40 minutes or until potatoes are steamed tender.
- Add water as necessary to prevent the pot from becoming completely dry.
- When the potatoes and greens are fully cooked, mash them together with a potato masher.
- Serve with scrambled eggs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.