Equal parts (two or more pounds each):
- spinach or Swiss chard (or similar greens), cleaned and torn into pieces
- potatoes, cleaned, peeled, cut into quarters and soaked in cold water
- chicken stock
- Place the greens in the bottom of a large pot.
- Put the potatoes over the greens.
- Add a cup or two of chicken stock water sufficient to fill the pot to a depth of one inch.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover.
- Let cook for thirty minutes or until potatoes are steamed tender.
- Add water as necessary to prevent the pot from becoming completely dry.
- When the potatoes and greens are fully cooked, mash them together with a potato masher.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.