Mung bean and rice soup
- 300 g mutton or beef
- 100 g or 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ cup rice
- 1 cup mung beans
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 2 – 3 tomatoes
- ½ bunch (½ oz) fresh coriander
- green onion
- cumin, salt and spices to taste
- In a cauldron, put meat cut into small pieces and sear in hot vegetable oil.
- Add chopped onions and tomatoes, cubed carrots.
- Saute a few minutes, add water and spices.
- Before the water boils, add cleaned and washed mung beans.
- When mung beans are soft, add rice and cook another 20 – 25 minutes.
- In the final 5 – 10 minutes add salt and spices.
- To serve, top with yogurt or sour cream, garnish with chopped greens and freshly ground black pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.