- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (14.5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 oz.), drained
- Cook and drain pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a 4-quart Dutch oven with low-fat cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook red bell pepper, asparagus, onion and garlic about 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes, broth, and rosemary to vegetable mixture and stir until blended.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cannellini beans and simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Toss vegetable mixture with the cooked pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese as desired.
- Mostaccioli and Beans from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.