- 1 pound savory ground Beef
- I small Onion chopped
- 1 Cauliflower
- 3-4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- Cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups tomato juice
- Brown ground Beef and Onion, seasoning (salt, pepper) and set aside.
- Remove core and leaves from Cauliflower and slice.
- You may blanch the Cauliflower if you prefer a softer Cauliflower, or leave it raw.
- Prepare a thin batter by beating together eggs, flour, seasoning and 3-4 tablespoons water. Dip the Cauliflower slices into the batter and fry lightly until nicely brown. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Add 1 cup of tomato juice to the ground Beef. If you want a spicier taste, use either one if the seasoned V8 juices, or addhot pepper sauce to your tomato sauce.
- You could also use spaghetti sauce, although it will result in a thicker consistency. Grease a casserole or baking dish. Layer as follows: Cauliflower, ground Beef, Cauliflower.
- Pour the remaining juice over the moussaka and bake in a preheated oven for 30–35 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.