From Mr. Food. Soft on the inside... crunchy on the outside.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 1 dozen
- 3 cans (4½ oz each) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs, divided
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crabmeat, 1¼ cups bread crumbs, the butter, 2 eggs, the celery, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into 12 crab cakes, using about ¼ cup of mixture for each.
- In shallow dish, beat the remaining egg with a fork.
- Place the remaining ¾ cup of bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip the crab cakes in the egg, then in the bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Cook the crab cakes in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Drain on paper towel-lined platter.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.