- 500g AKARA powder (any colour)
- salt and pepper to taste
- water (enough water to make thick cake batter mix)
- 1 tbsp palm or olive oil heated
- 2 chili pepper, ½ tbsp crushed red pepper or ½ tsp Cayenne
- Place in a bowl, slowly add to form a smooth thick paste. Beat well with a whisk or wooden spoon for a few minutes, cover and place aside for at least 30 minutes. For a traditional taste, let the mixture sit at least 8 hours- then refrigerate overnight if possible- until it becomes frothy.
- Stir I vigorously to remove air-bubbles to obtain a smooth texture.
- Grease the muffin pans or tin cans, scoop mixture into pans, allowing some room for it to rise whilst cooking.
- Place the pans in a baking dish partially filled with water and cover with foil and then bake in a medium hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When cooked and firm, cool it down and cut it in shape of you
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.