Steamed savoury bean cake
- 500 g / 1 lb beans
- 3 fresh chillies (liquidised)
- 1 large onion (liquidised)
- 200 ml / 7 fl. oz oil
- 225 g / 8 oz fresh prawns
- 2 soft boiled egg
- warm water to mix
- leaves for wrapping
- salt to taste
- Soak the beans for 5 minutes, wash thoroughly to remove skin.
- Grind or liquidize until smooth.
- If you haven't got a steamer, arrange a false base with leaves or tin foil and bring to boil.
- Mix the ground beans with other ingredients, add the warm water a little at a time until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place mixture on clean leaves and wrap into parcels, arrange parcels carefully in the pot of boiling water, cover with a tight fitting lid avoid steam escaping, and steam for 1 hour or until moyin-moyin is cooked.
- Refill pot with boiling water if dry during cooking process.
- The parcels of beans should be firm to the touch after exposure to the air for a few minutes.
- Unwrap the leaves and serve with cold eko.
- The mixture can also be steam dariole moulds or foil container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.