Steamed bean pudding
- 8 oz beans
- 4 - 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 small tomato
- 2 large peppers
- 1 small onion
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ pt boiling water, approx.
- Dried shrimp, ground up (optional), or corned beef
- Soak the beans for 3 hours, overnight if possible.
- Grind the beans to a paste or pulverise in a food processor.
- Chop or mince the tomato, peppers and Onion.
- To the beans, add minced ingredients and salt to taste and beat well.
- Heat the oil, add to the mixture and beat.
- Add enough boiling water to make a soft dropping consistency. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Ground dried shrimp or corned beef can be added for flavour and food value.
- Prepare small pudding moulds by greasing with melted fat.
- Into each mould, place enough mixture to come half way up the mould, then place a hard-boiled egg and cover with more mixture. Leave room for the mixture to rise.
- Cover with greaseproof paper and steam for approximately 1 hour.
- Turn out and serve, garnished with parsley or shredded lettuce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.