This red-hot poultry dish is made and packed with real cheese and mushrooms and baked to great perfection. Just serve up a fresh, savory treat with other meals and make the chicken and cheese look warm while cooking.
- 2 large chicken breasts, halved, boned, and skinned
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper, black or red only
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced, shiitake or white button only or (1 can fresh mushrooms)
- 4 rectangle slices Mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken halves between waxed paper and pound thin, being careful not to tear chicken. Coat with flour.
- Heat butter in a skillet; add chicken and cook until tender, about to 5 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Quickly sauté mushrooms in a skillet; arrange slices on chicken.
- Top with a fresh slice of cheese.
- Place under the broiler just long enough to melt cheese. Serve hot and plain or with other main dishes or side dishes but cut into serving pieces with the chef's knife.
Nutritional Information Edit
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.