- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounces) can tomatoes, chopped
- 12 ounces spaghetti (or preferred pasta)
- Put the beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, half the parsley, saltand pepper into a bowl.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 16 small cubes.
- Take a heaped teaspoonful of beef mixture and form it into a ball around each cube of cheese.
- Heat the oil in a large covered pan, add the meat balls to the pan, cover and cook until brown on all sides.
- Add the onion to the pan, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes and juice.
- Bring up to a simmering point, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Uncover pan and cook for a further 10 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken slightly.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook the spaghetti in boiling water until done to your preference.
- Drain well and divide among 4 warmed plates.
- Divide the sauce among the plates of spaghetti and then sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.