Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Mr. Food
- 8 oz penne pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 small unpeeled eggplant, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 unpeeled ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, set aside.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Stir in the oregano, then add the eggplant and tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the parsley, garlic powder, sugar, salt and peppers.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour the eggplant mixture over the cooked pasta and toss with the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at once.
- Note: you can make the sauce a few days before using it.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Just heat and serve over cooked pasta.
- Make a double batch, 'cause it's even better the next day.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.