Prep Time: n. a.
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: n. a.
Not quite a cheesecake and not quite a true torte, this is a very old recipe from my grandmother. This is a wonderfully creamy dessert, best served with a nice cup of coffee.
- 2 lbs. small curd cottage cheese
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the cottage cheese. Beat the eggs well and add to the cheese along with the milk. Add the vanilla and blend well.
- To make the topping, crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Mix with the sugar and melted butter.
- Line the sides of a 13 x 9" pan with the crumbs, reserving some for the top. Pour the cheese mix and smooth it out thoroughly. Top with the reserved crumbs, then bake for an hour at 350 °F.
- Leave it to cool in the pan, then refrigerate. Serve cold along with a cup of coffee.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.