Shish kebab, Shashlik, Grilled Lamb.
- 500 g best loin of lamb
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt, pepper
- 100 g green onions
- 200 g tomatoes
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Cut the meat into pieces about 5 cm square and mix with salt, pepper, finely sliced onion and vinegar (or teaspoonful lemon juice).
- Cover with a lid and set aside in a cool place for 2 or 3 hours to marinate.
- About 15 to 20 minutes before serving, skewer the pieces of meat, alternating with sliced onion.
- Grill the shaslik over a charcoal fire turning frequently until tender.
- Take the meat off the skewer.
- Pour over butter and garnish with green onions, tomatoes and lemon slices.
- Pass ground dry barberries or pomegranate juice, and sour plum sauces.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.