Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Fish and radish masala. This is a Bengali fish recipe that is dry and tangy. Its my mom's favourite as it is simple to prepare and delicious too.
- 4 medium pieces fish (tilapia preferred)
- 3 radishes (or turnip)
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 spring onions
- red chile powder
- turmeric powder
- coriander seed powder (dhania)
- cumin powder (jeera)
- coriander leaves
- Marinate the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder for fifteen minutes and then lightly fry them in oil.
- Remove and keep.
- To the oil, add diced onions and stir till golden.
- Then add sliced radish.
- Add some more salt, turmeric and chilly powder and stir for ten minutes.
- Add the fish, finely chopped tomatoes, julienned spring onion shoots, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add a half-a-cup of water and simmer with lid on till the water had dried up.
- Tear the coriander leaves by hand and sprinkle over them.
- Bring down from flame and garnish with a spring of spring onion and a few radish slices on the top.
- Can be used either as a starter or a main dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.