- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 oz can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 scallion (white and light green part), cut into ½-inch pieces
- cilantro for garnish
- ½ lb cremini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium portobello mushroom, stem removed
- ½ lb fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- In food processor, combine all mushrooms and process until coarsely chopped. (You should have about 5 cups)
- Add mushrooms, chili powder, cumin and oregano to saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms have released their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, vinegar and 1 cup water to mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mixture has reached desired thickness, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and adjust salt to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.