- 1 bunch fresh spinach, well-rinsed
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup minced Italian parsley
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, preferably Italian, seasoned
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, or more as needed for frying
- Steam spinach until wilted, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- Combine mushrooms, scallions, onion powder, parsley and breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in eggs and mozzarella.
- Squeeze excess water from spinach, and chop finely.
- Stir into mushroom mixture, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Using a ¼-cup measure, scoop up mushroom mixture, and put into skillet, flattening slightly to form a patty.
- Repeat until skillet is full, but do not overcrowd.
- Pan-fry patties on first side until golden, for about 5 minutes, and turn over.
- Add remaining oil, and pan-fry second side until golden.
- Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until mushroom mixture is used up, adding more oil if needed.
- Serve patties hot or at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.