- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms (use any combination of chanterelles, cremini, white, enoki, shiitake, porcini mushrooms. Dried mushrooms of any variety may be added or substituted)
- 1 cup water or broth
- 2 - 3 tbsp margarine
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp miso
- ½ - 1 cup red wine
- 1 lb fettucini
- If soaking mushrooms, cover with water and let sit for 30–40 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Clean mushrooms and slice thinly.
- Melt margarine in a large pan and add onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well (use a whisk for the flour).
- Continue cooking until well mixed and completely cooked, about 10-15 more minutes.
- Serve over cooked fettucini.
- Sprinkle with scallions or parsley for garnish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.