Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup minced onion
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rice in butter until it is golden in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Add onion and green pepper. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, salt and mushrooms. Heat to boiling; stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Toss lightly with Parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.