Contributed by Recipe reprinted with permission from HealthRecipes.com
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2½ cups water
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp low-fat chicken base
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Add the water to a large pot and bring to boil.
- In the meantime, stir fry the chopped onions in a pan until the onions become translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and stir fry for two more minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to the boiling water.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until water has been absorbed into rice.
- Average cooking time is 60 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and fluff with fork.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.