Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Best of Bridge
- Serves 6
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp shallots or green onions, minced
- ½ bay leaf
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Finely chop mushrooms, then combine with lemon juice.
- Melt butter in large skillet and add shallots and saute.
- Add mushrooms, bay leaf, thyme and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid completely evaporates.
- Blend in cream, chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water, add to soup and simmer 20 minutes.
- Ladle into heated bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.