From Menu and Recipes Week 12/2/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 strips bacon diced
- 4 (4 oz) cans mushrooms drained
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 potatoes peeled and cubed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tbsp parsley
- Sauté onion and bacon in 6 qt. Dutch oven until golden, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook until liquid evaporates, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add flour; stirring about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and bouillon cube.
- Add potatoes.
- Cook approximately 20 – 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer 2 cups of the soup mixture to a blender.
- Blend until pureed.
- Return to dutch oven.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parsley.
- Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.