Makes 6 servings
- 1 ham bone
- 2 quarts water
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Place ham bone in large saucepan and add water, celery, onion and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours.
- Skim broth.
- Trim lean meat from bone.
- Cut in small pieces and return to broth; discard fat.
- Stir in soup, rice, salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling.
- Stir, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook mushrooms in butter.
- Add to broth with parsley and mustard.
- Blend well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.