Contributed by Delma at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 2 cups dip
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ½ pt. (8 oz) sour cream
- crackers or small rye bread
- In 2 quart microwave safe casserole, arrange bacon, loosely cover with paper towel.
- Microwave at high 6 minutes until crisp.
- Remove bacon and crumble.
- Reserve 2½ tablespoons drippings.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to reserved drippings, microwave uncovered 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring once.
- Add soup mix and pepper, and cream cheese, combine thoroughly.
- Decrease heat to med.
- And microwave uncovered, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Stir in sour cream and bacon.
- Microwave uncovered at medium 3 minutes or until heated through, stir once garnish with additional mushrooms and bacon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.