Japanese cabbage pickles.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- mustard cabbage
- ¼ cup Hawaiian salt (or kosher salt or rock salt)
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar (increased to 1 Tablespoon)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ajinomoto (msg)
- Slice mustard cabbage.
- Soak 20 minutes with Hawaiian salt (kosher salt or rock salt is a good sub) and some water.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt and ajinomoto.
- Heat mixture.
- Squeeze cabbage dry.
- While still hot, pour mixture over cabbage and soak.
- Soaking time depends on your taste.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.