- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup gram flour
- 1 Onion, chopped
- hot pepper, chopped and seeded to taste
- 1 small piece of ginger, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp milk or yogurt
- Mix rice, flours, vegetables and spices together. Add oil and milk.
- Add more milk if necessary to make manageable but not sticky dough.
- Form sausage-like shapes (about the size of a D battery) with your hands.
- You should get 8-10 muthyas.
- Place a metal colander in a pot with boiling water, making sure that the level of water is below the bottom of the colander.
- Place the muthyas in the colander, cover and steam until hard, about 30 minutes.
- Add more water if the water level gets too low.
- They are good plain or dipped in sauce, such as garlic butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.