Mutton Broth is a traditional broth commonly cooked and served in Ireland and Australia.
- 6 servings
- 1 lb. lean neck of lamb
- 10 oz. carrot, diced
- 6 oz. onion, diced, red, white, or yellow only
- 2 chopped leeks
- 1 turnip, diced
- 1 tablespoon pearl barley
- 8 ½ cups water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped parsley
- Cut meat in small pieces. Put all ingredients except parsley in a saucepan.
- Season with salt and ground pepper. Add water.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 2 hours. Pour or funnel contents into the fresh container.
- Add fresh parsley just before serving. Reserve the homemade meat broth in the refrigerator after cooling down.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.