A dish rich and aromatic, spicy yet not hot! It's filled with the wonderful fragrance of coriander and curry powder!
- 1 – 1½ kg. mutton or lamb, with bones and fats
- 300 g. carrots, cubed
- 300 g. onions, quartered, red, white, or yellow only
- coriander for garnish, chopped
- curry leaves
- 2 – 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons coriander powder, fried to release fragrance
- 200 ml. coconut milk
- 400 ml. hot water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tbsp. canola or olive oil
- Fry onions in 2 tablespoons canola/olive oil until fragrant; add mutton and fry for several minutes.
- Add curry powder, coriander powder and chili powder, add more of the remaining oil if necessary.
- Fry for several minutes until fragrant.
- Add carrots, hot water, and coconut milk.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender and the sauce is thick. Stir now and then to prevent sticking.
- Add hot water or extra coconut milk if necessary.
- Throw in curry leaves, season with salt, and remove excess oil and garnish with coriander. Serve with white rice.