- 2 lb boneless mutton / lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste (I just take equal amounts of ginger and garlic and make a paste of it)
- 2 – 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 – 7 whole peppercorns
- 7 – 8 cloves
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once it starts to sizzle, add in sliced onions and fry till slightly brown.
- Add in meat pieces, chopped green chillies and ginger-garlic paste, and fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and let all spices blend in well.
- Once meat starts to brown, add tomato paste, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and cloves, and saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add water and cover cook for 30 – 35 minutes or till meat tenderizes. You can add more water, bit by bit, to prevent it from drying up.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot!
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com