Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 700 g (1 1/2 pounds) boneless Lamb shoulder meat, sliced or in chunks
- 1/4 medium cabbage, in thin wedges
- 1/4 small rutabaga, sliced
- 1 large carrot, in chunks
- 15 cm (6" length) leek, in chunks
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 dl (3/4 cup) water
- 2 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 dl (1/3 cup) flour
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Melt the butter in the bottom of a pot.
- Add the meat, then the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt, ginger and pepper.
- Pour over water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and skim well.
- Lower heat and simmer 60–75 minutes.
- Melt the butter and stir in the flour.
- Gradually add cooking liquid.
- Season with salt, pepper, vinegar and Sugar.
- Serve with sauce and boiled potatoes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.