- Yield: 4 servings.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp sugar, granulated
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- Peel the cucumbers and slice very thinly.
- Place in a dish and add the soy sauce, vinegar, green onions, sugar, chili powder and sesame oil.
- Set aside for 1 hour, then add the chicken stock.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a small pan over medium heat until they turn golden and begin to pop, then grind finely.
- Transfer the soup to a tureen and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.