- Serves 6
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 300 ml milk
- 300 ml water
- 1 tbsp oil
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 25 g butter for greasing
- To make the batter, sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the egg and egg yolks.
- Stir in the milk, water, oil and nutmeg.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Whisk the egg whites with salt until stiff, and fold into batter.
- Grease a pancake pan or frying pan with butter.
- When hot, pour in a enough batter and cook on both sides until lightly browned.
- Continue until all the batter is used.
- Keep the pancakes warm in the oven at low heat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.