Bean sprout salad
- Source: sneakykitchen.com
- 12 oz fresh bean sprouts (or 1 x 16 oz can, drained)
- 3 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced, optional
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or other light vegetable oil)
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add rinsed bean sprouts, and boil for about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. (Skip this boiling step if using canned bean sprouts.)
- Combine all the ingredients, mixing well. Include red pepper flakes if you like things hot!
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 or 2 hours for the flavors to meld.
- Serve cold as a side dish or atop lettuce leaves.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.